Yogaventures is an indigenous-owned, female-founded and family-operated local yoga biz based in Coolangatta Gold Coast Australia (Bundjalung Country). Our founder, Emma Ceolin, dreamed of opening a dedicated space of yoga for everybody. So in 2020 after years of teaching, travelling and at 9 months pregnant Emma opened the doors to Yogaventures. With a baby due date looming, the floors, walls and fit out was completed in just a few days and the doors opened. Sadly, only 2-weeks after opening the COVID-19 pandemic struck and so began our colourful journey. Like many businesses, we experienced challenges, hardships and valuable lessons along the way. We chose to use this time as an opportunity to adapt, pivot and continue to be of service. Amidst lockdowns, border closures and isolation, we felt the collective heaviness and burden on mental health. In an effort to continue to support our community with what we knew best (yoga and mindfulness), we launched Yogaventures Online. We are so darn proud of our Coolangatta studio, but especially our powerhouse Online Studio. It's our reminder that there is beauty to be found in all life's tides and to never stop dreaming.
Our stunning light-filled, airy haven is based in the heart of Coolangatta Gold Coast Australia (Bundjalung Country). It's a space that is welcoming, open, and thoughtfully designed for the most beautiful, sensory experience. Walk up the stairs and enter our spacious lounge full of comfortable seating and cushions, which connects to two large purpose-built studio rooms. Sample our delicious selection of organic herbal teas, try an assortment of calming essential oils or a treat from our cookie jar. We've created a cool, breezy space that is environmentally-friendly featuring lots of gorgeous natural light, a series of dreamy textured linen curtains, and tons of lush greenery to calm and elevate the senses. A true expression of both Coolangatta's coastal boho vibes, laid-back feels and the Yogaventures eco-wellness brand.
We passionately cultivate an environment of inclusivity, acceptance and self-compassion for everyone. We believe yoga is for everybody — new bodies, older bodies, injured bodies, sore bodies, tired bodies, curvy bodies, mamas-to-be, experienced yogis, and everyone in between. We embrace all levels of fitness, body shapes, ages and backgrounds. We're all about yoga to meet you where you're at and strive to create a welcoming, open space where every one feels comfortable exactly as they are. Our community ofter shares over tea chats just how much our studio feels like a home — a place they can show up to no matter where they are in life. So please don’t be shy to join us. There is a place for you here.
Part of what we do and who we are is giving back — or in yoga what we call Seva (selfless service). We are involved in many activities and events that promote social responsibility and opportunities for people around the world which include:
- COVID Support - 50% off in studio and online classes for those deeply financially and mentally impacted by COVID
- Indigenous Program - we offer memberships, bursaries and scholarships for classes and trainings to our Indigenous community
- Puppy Yoga - raise funds for Animal Welfare League and find loving homes for shelter pups
- Karma Yoga Classes - all profits are donated to Yalari, Sea Shepherd, One Girl or Beyond Blue
- Forever Young Healing - Support newly bereaved parents with memberships to assist their physical + mental health, wellness + healing
- Salvation Army Christmas Gift Appeal - Collecting donation for families doing it tough this festive season
It's our belief that yoga, wellness, and this planet we live on are all linked. By making eco choices and bringing nature on to the mat, we believe we support the Earth and feel that much more grounded and connected. Here's some ways around the studio we are motivated to honour the environmentally sustainable movement.
- Renewable-based energy in our studio
- Flooring made from recycled materials
- Eco yoga mats made from recycled plastic bottles
- Renewable and compostable cork mats, blocks, balls and rollers
- Organic cotton bolsters, straps and eye pillows
- Sustainably-sourced linen curtains
- Paperless studio and booking system
- Sustainable packaging and zero waste plant-based compostable bin liners
- Work with ethically compliant businesses
- Request from suppliers not to send our products wrapped in plastic
- Believe in looking beyond the bottom line to include social, environmental and ethical indicators in our performance measurements